Jofemar manages its vending machines globally – Case study
Alfredo Fernández Díaz, IT Manager, Jofemar
The comprehensive management of vending machines is a clear trend in the sector, as they allow operators to have total control of their machine park, their movements, stocks and accounting, among others. That’s the reason why Jofemar has successfully developed the new J-SUITE platform. But, in order to go one step further, Jofemar has been collaborating with Vodafone to integrate IoT on it to improve the whole system and to convert its vending machines into intelligent connected assets.
But, in order to perform well you need to make a great effort when defining your business needs and objectives. Here we summarize our case study 😉
For Jofemar’s J-SUITE tool to work effectively, and for end customers to be able to monitor the operational status of their vending machines, the machines would need a reliable connectivity solution. With sales of vending machines expanding outside of their home country in Spain, connectivity would also need to be scalable globally.
The Vodafone Managed IoT Connectivity Platform enables Jofemar to install managed vending machines anywhere in the world. Information captured by the machines’ internal and external sensors can then be transmitted securely to Jofemar servers, enabling customers real-time access to their vending machines via Jofemar’s ‘J-SUITE’ application. Customers can access incident reports, data on sales & accounting and even deliver real-time price updates across groups of machines.
- A simple, automatic, economical and preconfigured connectivity service.
- Generates alerts activated by sensors and programmable events, allows damage to be prevented and anticipated decisions to be taken.
- Facilitates stock control and helps control quality of products offered, avoiding deterioration, reducing the number of visits and support calls.
- Total coverage in Spain as well as in all the markets it is active in, thanks to the Vodafone Managed IoT Connectivity Platform.
- Single Vodafone IoT platform provides ease and simplicity of management.
“The service Vodafone offered us gave us global coverage, not only in the markets in which we operate, but also with the multi-operator service in Spain, a very important point compared to other proposals.”
Download full Case Study here